Outside seems to be the perfect theme for this weeks coffee! I had a wonderful weekend which was spend( take a guess????) OUTSIDE
The weather is great, it feels like early summer here.To be honest, it does not have to get any warmer, this is just perfect, sitting outside without melting away, as we normally do around here.
If you would join me here for coffee this morning I would tell you all about our weekend.
It started off with me winning a give-away from farmgirlpaints. Really me??????Becky is so sweet and I love her blog.Thanks again, I still cannot believe I won. I am usually not good at winning things, you know.
So much for a good start.
Saturday was filled with outside fun as well.
I spend a wonderful alone- time at a local nursery( which I will post about tomorrow)
Softball season has started for girlie and she is super excited about that.
While my man and Stella went to practice, I took Lucien to a true cajun engagement party. It was a crawfish boil.
Aren't you just a bit jealous right now??? It was yum. There was crawfish prepared in every way you can imagine. From boiled to Etouffe, from dip to crawfish bread. Absolute delicious!
Lucien had a blast and was busy looking for St Patrick to show him his cool hat. LOL
Due to my early risers, we were outside at about 7am on Sunday morning, again. We did not mind,cause we had plenty to do.
It is warm enough to even get our 2012 veggie garden in the ground.

The kids just love to dig and work on some real stuff!
We planted tomatoes, beans,watermelon, zucchini, squash,cucumbers and some herbs. Still got strawberry plants from last year as well as other berries.
Breakfast was served on the porch, which made it taste 10 times better anyway ;)
As said before, we are a bike family. As soon as there is a chance, my peeps are on their bikes. It must be genetic. My man used to race down some mad mountains in the alps,when the bones were just a tad bit younger.
Another trip to the bike park in the big City(yes we have to take two cars to transport all the bikes and people).
This time little guy, Ms Stella and Daddy rode the big dirt track , designed for the professional riders, all the way. This chicken mama did parts of it but def. not the entire thing. Let me tell you I don't know what's more scary, doing it or watching my baby race with grown people.Afterwards he came to me saying: Mami I rocked it!!!!
I loved every minute of it and had a blast with my lovelies.
But of course, nothing got done inside the house and the fridge is running low today. So I am off to the store to stock up for the week,but before, let me take one more sip of my coffee and let me hear what you are up to , lovelies????











2 Kommentare:
That crawfish looks amazing! Hubby may go to a conference in NOLA this summer. If he does I hope to join him because I'm all about the food!
Oh my goodness that crawfish feast looks and sounds amazing!! Sounds like you've been having a fabulous week: winning a giveaway, enjoying gorgeous weather, gardening, biking, feasting...sounds fantastic! Hope this next week turns out just as fun!
Kommentar veröffentlichen