Happy Tuesday everyone!
This is a very busy Tuesday and I know this because my to-do list just hit the second page. Checked off a couple things this morning even before I dropped off Lucien at preschool, but still it is looooong.
Anyway, I am here to ask how your weekend was, to sip on my coffee and to chat with my friends while things like dishwasher, vacuum, paperwork, shopping,dinner and so on, have to wait on the back burner
What an eventful week and weekend it was over here!

Spring started like this around here: we had a tornado touchdown just 3 miles away from our house ! Several houses were destroyed and trees uprooted but nobody got physically injured. It was pretty scary and I was ready to grab my little man and hop in the tub for shelter!
That very same day marked our first lost tooth and a little girl was over the moon about it.

Also that day, Rosie, our wild puppy, got spayed!Wow what kind of news, you are thinking. Ha, I am only mentioning this because the vet requested for her to be inside for a couple of days to recover! Well, ever since then, she thinks she has turned into an inside dog, owns the couch and will eventually make her way into our bed. Last night was her first attempt as I was reading the Hunger Games( almost finished!!!) I found myself smashed under a sixty pound hairy something, happily licking my face( gross).... I don't mind cuddling with her on the couch but the bed is a no go !

The rain from earlier this week dried quickly and turned into sunshine and a beautiful blue sky, perfect for all our weekend adventures
which is the 2010 edition of the Angel Sale mug.
Just finished painting the mugs for 2012 and they turned out lovely( love the color of the new mugs)
What a perfect fit as I am bout to tell you what Saturday held for us.

LOPA hosts a Donor Memorial Picnic every year for families with a hero in heaven. I wrote about it last year and it is always so wonderful and encouraging to see how the families and friends celebrate the lives of loved ones, that left them way too early.
It was the second year that the picnic was held at the Global Wildlife Center and the kids were so excited to go! Stella had been on a fieldtrip just the day before to the exact same place and she was invited to a birthday party on that Saturday! So I gave her the option to choose. She replied to me in her smarty pants voice: Mama, what do you think is more important???? To celebrate with the families of the dead people or to go to a birthday party ????( Consider me speechless at this point) Off course I am going to the picnic! All I could do is giving her a big hug! I was so proud of her, even though we have to work on our wording at certain occasions;)

Here is a wagon full of pink people,celebrating Alexis' life, on our tour through the wildlife center

Ready to feed the animals

Clear blue skies....

and the beauty of nature!

We even got to take a family pic, yay!!!
On our way home, me and Ricky were talking and we both agreed , there must have been close to 1000 people there, if not more. LOPA did a wonderful job.
They had excellent food, tons of activities for young and old,the animal tours and lots and lots of information about organ donation! We always enjoy coming to the picnic!
Wow this post is getting long and I am only on Saturday.
What about boat riding in the swamp, a playdate with friends Sunday, a field trip Monday????Well I guess a couple of pretty pics will do for all that.
Remember that long list I was talking about? I have to go and scratch some things off of it.








5 Kommentare:
Oh! Look at that Louisiana sky! Gorgeous! I can't wait!
We had hot weather last week. It was almost 90 but today it was back down to 49 :(
Dieses Fest erinnert mich immer an unsern Besuch in Amerika. Nicht mehr lange.... Drück dich!
Aww poor Rosie! I remember when we got our dog, Dot, spayed. She was miserable. Though I do remember being impressed at how quickly dogs recover after something like that. I'm pretty sure it would take me much longer to get over such a thing! Sound like you had a lovely weekend! Hope the next one is just as nice!
what a great post! it never feels long if there's lovely pics!! what a fun time everyone had! thanks for coffee :)
dear verena,
i've made a VC post for anyone who missing our get-togethers...
you're most welcome to come by - the kettle's on :) x
Kommentar veröffentlichen