I still owe this sweet little spot of the web ,I call my blog, the post about my little man's birthday celebration.
Oh what fun ! He had a blast and I am so happy with the way things turned out! This s will be a definite picture overload but I just can't make up my mind which ones to use, they are all so sweet and capture a lot of cool memories and sweet people that made Mr Lu so happy and his mamas heart burst! Everything worked out just perfectly.
After the major storm we had just a couple days prior to the party, I was nervous about the weather being cooperative.
I was cloudy but it never rained and the temperature was pleasant.
We had bikes and helmets everywhere and I was soooo thankful he changed his mind and opted on a bike party instead of the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Party he wanted first( How in the world would I have been able to find a flying/swimming/ multipurpose car?????)
Oh I am so glad! It was not too hard( thanks to lovely pinterest) to pull together some good ideas for a bike themed party. Cathy and I had made him this cool Birthday shirt in one of our late night craft sessions....
Due to our latest sick episode, I opted on going with semi homemade.
I bought a sheet cake at Sams and spend my energy on decorating it.
I think it turned out awesome and Lucien thought so too.
He was all smiles when I first showed it to him
I would love to know what thought was circling in this little head while everyone was singing Happy Birthday!
We had pulled pork sandwiches, courtesy to Sams and crockpot, as well as sweet Hamburgers made by me( I told you semi-homemade, was the theme of the day!)
Snacky food looked great in this vintage crate.
And the fruit traffic lights were gone before you could say green, yellow, red.
Bought some checkered flags, lollipops and trophies at Oriental trading for a very good price.
Our racetrack and the little obstacle course Ricky had designed kept young and old busy!
We had a station set up for them to design their own race numbers.
My little man was all into racing and not so much into taking pictures
this was the best we could get
You need to click on this picture to see the details( hilarious)

My guys really don't like to take pictures, can you tell???
Whew! What a wonderful but exhausting day it was.He loved it!

All that's left to say is: He slept really, really good that night!

Happy Birthday my sunshine














1 Kommentar:
Oh girl it all turned out so good. Love that theme. Cute fruit kabobs too.
Kommentar veröffentlichen