Mittwoch, 21. März 2012

Go Green


Green, my absolute favorite color of all, since I was a little girl( which made me the weird girl, cause I would not go for the typical pink or purple when asked)!
Is there any better day out there than St Patrick's Day to go to the nursery, soak up some sunshine and get 2012s garden started???
I don't think so!
Inspired by dear Alicia from LaFamille( A blog I absolutely love to read!, love her fun way of writing, her honesty, her craftiness and her lovely idea of giving us busy mamas a break with this lovely project
giveaways
Thanks girlie!
So off I went,to enjoy all those vibrant colors and to get ideas for this years garden.

Just in case you did not know where I live.....
Ha, should have known myself better: once there, it was so hard to resist: the lovely smell of the herbs, the tons of different varieties of tomatoes with crazy names such as Bad boy,Early Girl,Celebrity and so on( who in the world came up with those????)

what can I say, the cart filled quickly.

My second favorite color bright orange!

Strolled through the isles of flowers for an hour or more and enjoyed every second of it. What a beautiful little break and what a treat ( no calories included :))

These Bougainvillae reminded me of our honeymoon to the beautiful island of Sardinia in the Mediterranean Sea. They grew everywhere wild in the most stunning colors!

I think those look like natures little army man standing still!

And what about this lovely one?

Ha, I have a very special connection to this one. It reminded me of a time, which is not too long ago...Days and days of strolling through the botanical gardens of Marburg/Germany, learning all those lovely Latin names of medicinal plants, reciting them over and over again, learning their active ingredients and what you use them for. Pharmacy school taught me to better leave this beauty at the nursery. Digitalis is so so preeetttyyy but so very dangerous if you have little ones around. And as you know, I do have two little munchkins who would be highly attracted to such a beauty in the yard.

I could not pass up the pottery section but this was for sure not in this trips budget. Checked the clearance isle to find a pot for a project( I am making a fairy garden for a Birthday girl this coming weekend, but shhhh don't tell of course my girlie will get one , too)

Ok, Alicia, you are bad influence in the best way. ;)
This is what I came home with and it was way more than that one plant you had suggested. But I just loved them all, SIGH

I do enjoy sitting on my front porch with a nice drink( today's choice was a frappuccino, cause it is this warm already!), listening to the fern crackle in the wind

On St Patrick's day ten years ago, my man invited me for a picnic in the woods of beautiful Heidelberg/Germany. It was then when we kissed for the first time, when I got bit by a tick and when my life changed forever..... Little did I know about what life had in stock for me. But one thing is clear: I am one lucky girl!

And I do love green!

3 Kommentare:

Unknown hat gesagt…

oh. my. gooooodness!!! your pictures of the greenhouse make me smile :)))) i love this time of year! your porch is divine, my sweet friend. well done indeed!! thanks for linking up!

Farmgirl Paints hat gesagt…

how sweet is that? cool that you'll always be able to remember that day by a holiday;)

Anonym hat gesagt…

Jaja, an diesen Tag in Heidelberg kann ich mich auch noch erinnern...Wie schnell sich das Leben doch ändern kann. Hab dich lieb und vermisse dich!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...