Sonntag, 12. August 2012

back to a routine

could it really be that it is Sunday morning 8am( I am already back from grocery shopping( Walmart at 7 on Sunday is awesome!), the boys are fishing and Stella had a sleepover at a sweet friends house)????
Is it really the last day of summer????
Remember our summer list? Well, we did not do it all, but we did A LOT!!!!! And we had fun, to say the least. It always seems that the first two weeks of summer you think , man this will be the longest summer ever, will we survive? and then before you know it, it is the last week and you get antsy and kids need to get back to a routine and to bed before the olympic broadcasting is almost over for the night.... Stella will be a 1st grader this year and for some reason this is making her more nervous than starting kindergarten last year. But mami ther will be homework!!!!We had a view tears already and quite a discussion of why mami would not be the perfect candidate to homeschool her little behind and that homework is just part of the deal. But we are getting better.

After going shopping for all the favorite school snacks, meeting sweet friends again, I am hopeful that tomorrow will turn out just fine. We met her teacher last week and she is just the sweetest and her assistant teacher is from South Africa and even speaks German, SCORE!!!! I am excited for this schoolyear. It seems like my girl grew( literally) up so much over the summer. Not only has she gotten even taller than she already was, she has gotten so much more independent. She is making me happy and sad at the same time with that( I am sure all you mamis out there can relate)I will miss my sweet lady so much.
Lu is not starting til past Laborday and he is ecstatic  that soon it will be just Mami and him playing cars and Mikey and Sharky ..... But at one point he will realize that we cannot play all day, he will miss Sissi, who is now named Stell or even Stella, so much. I do miss him saying Sissi. This little dude won't stop growing either. There is big words coming out of this little man's mouth that leave his mami just amazed: One of the favs lately is "attached": Daddy, so does that mean the Morganza spillway is attached to the Mississippi River??? Uehm yeah, Lucien, great thinking buddy!!!!
I still owe you a post or more about our trip;Long lines of carpool will take care of this  very soon, promise. For now, I promise to be back tomorrow with the back to school pics everybody is waiting for

Keine Kommentare:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...