Dienstag, 28. August 2012

we are ready, Isaac

It is a beautiful, little breezy almost chilly morning here in Louisiana! Today is Tuesday and Stella should be in school, Ricky at work, me at my first class for my Pharmacy license transferral and Lu with my dear friend Cathy. Well, today is Tuesday and we are all at home awaiting the arrival of Isaac.

This will be our first hurricane since we moved to the States. Right after we purchased our house almost 3 years ago, Ricky bought a generator and I was kind of joking about spending so much money without using it over the years. well, today I am glad he did when he did, cause finding one now would have been an impossible task.

I was pretty set with groceries even before Sunday, so when I went to the store Sunday night only to get a bit more non perishable stuff( normally we are a pretty fresh food household) I was stunned by the sight of wiped out shelves and the managers laugh when I asked for the batterie isle . WHIPED OUT on Sunday already.


It took me 30 minutes in line to get gas( could have been worse). All this prepping leaves a kind of interesting feeling to say the least. I am thinking, all those people have suffered badly from Katrina, Ike and Gustav and they all know what they are doing getting ready the way they do.

I just wanted to let you, my friends, know, that we are prepared,too. I guess as prepared as you can be. Food, batteries, radio, a plan for tornado touchdowns, a gas stove to cook, a generator to run the fridge and plenty of games to play and books to read.

We will be without electricity almost a 100% certain for a couple of days, but I will update here and on Insta and FB as soon as possible. For now I will go and cook for tonight, bake some cookies and prep as much as I can before the lights go out.....as I am writing this the wind is starting to pick up a bit already and the kids are outside running off some steam before getting locked up in the house a while

Keine Kommentare:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...