Dienstag, 17. Januar 2012

Virtual coffee

Sorry,I am a little late today.

White stuff makes me happy on gray days like this!

Had a not so fun dental appointment this morning and had to wait for coffee til my lip was actually not swollen anymore. I am in good spirits this will happen soon and I get to sip on some hot yummy brew.

We had a great weekend stuffed with fun.
If you would be really here with me for coffee today, you would laugh at me drinking my coffee( my lip still does not have full control back over what it does) You would probably hear me saying something like" Gosh, there is so much stuff that I want to do and get done this week." But I feel like I can't get into the groove, yet. Lucien was up several times last night and I am so not used to this anymore. He usually sleeps just fine. I am not complaining, just talking to a friend ;) When we rolled out of bed at a little before six this morning, I saw why my poor buddy could not sleep. I was counting 10 mosquito bites in his face( Yep that's what you get when you live in Louisiana in January, not frost bites, no, mosquito bites, yikes.He is taking a nap in my bed at this minute and I should have probably stayed curled up next to him but I wanted to get dinner started, this post going and the laundry done.
If you would be here with me, I would let you taste this awesome yogurt I made over the weekend.

It is really soooo good and even easier to make. Genius.
I was spending time on pinterest the other day( don't you love to get carried away on it???) when I was searching for some breakfast ideas. This is when I saw a fabulous post about making yogurt in the crockpot with not crazy equipment needed( that's my way). I thought it was worth a shot and it turned out to be amazing.

If you don't have time to check out her blog, this is a brief summary:
All you need is half a gallon of whole milk( pasteurized is fine just NOT ultra-pasteurized) and half a cup of a plain starter yogurt with active cultures( I used dannon plain)

Pour your milk into your crockpot , cover with lid and let stand for 2 hours on low.
After 2 hours turn off your crockpot and wait 3 hours
Take 1-2 cups of warmed milk out and mix with starter yogurt
Pour back into pot, wrap the entire crockpot with beach towel
Go to bed! After 8 to 12 hours you will have perfect, creamy yogurt with a nice consistency.
I had gotten some tiny jars, made some fruit mix ( fresh strawberries, a bit of lemon juice and maple syrup), put it into the jars and topped it with the yogurt.
Keep half a cup of plain yogurt for your next batch.
This might be old stuff to you but it definitely opened up a new world to me. Wait until you taste some( plus you feel like you are doing something good for you and your crew, and you actually are!!!!)
Happy Tuesday and happy yogurt making!!!
And oh if you get a chance, go hang out with the girls at Amys virtual coffee. It's like meeting new friends

Keine Kommentare:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...