Dienstag, 3. Juli 2012

So she sews



I am so excited to write this post because this is bucket list stuff, people. Huge! I have always been wanting to learn how to sew and never got around to do so. It just happened to be that I am surrounded by amazingly talented and creative people, here. When I say this, I mean it. Two sweet ladies with their own books/entries are willing to teach me how to sew and give me a nice excuse to say bye to my sweet little monsters for a night a week  to do girl talk and girl stuff. So fun!
Thanks Cathy and Beki, for your friendship, talent and passion
Remember back then in February,we held our garage sale in the freezing cold. trying to get rid of some junk ??? The goal was to earn enough for this sweet baby!
 

 She was ordered back in March but had til about 3 weeks ago, when she finally hatched out of her box and got put into action.
I love this little machine and even the sew-pros were mighty impressed with this little thing.
I got her from amazon and would highly recommend her for any beginner plus she has 10 points for her cuteness factor, anyway!

And so I started sewing for the first time. And with a little help, I finished this little doll blanket/place mat/ picnic area.... you name it, that very first night. I think it was about 2 am when I went to bed that night. So rewarding though when Stella saw it in the morning and said: Really mama, you made it, I love it!

Since then some time has passed and other teeny projects got done. Made some sweet bibs for my brothers twin baby girls, way far away in Germany.....Wish I could deliver those bibs myself but it does not look good for a trip to Germany this summer, sigh! Oh and I even got brave enough to order my first stash of fabric for my first bigger project.
I mix and matched those and like it a lot

 Can't wait! This is really fun. So far, I think Cathy is quite pleased with her student, we even throw cookies, coffee and candy into the mix of our lesson plan ;).


I am so glad to finally get this post done because it makes my heart happy.
Happy in times when I am actually not the happiest person myself: The newness of summer time is gone, the kiddos are driving me and each other bonkers some days and we won't be able to go home this summer.Blah. But they were nice enough to let me finish this post after art camp with Aunt Becky today and I might be able to have one of those ice cold coffees that you see above in just a minute! Which always make things look up, right?!Enjoy your Tuesday lovelies.
Oh, instructions to a little science/ art project we did this morning just in case you mamas run out of ideas this summer: Thin layer of milk in a dish/tray, whatever you have.Add 3-4 drops of food coloring. Place four or 5 different colors next to each other. Add 1 drop of dish soap and just watch and let their imagination go wild!!!
Funtastic!
Linking up for a coffee chat with Amy!

Keine Kommentare:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...