I cannot believe I have spent the entire long weekend in bed. Sick again! So much for having Lu's party last Sunday, which we had to cancel anyway due to the massive amount of rain we got !
Let me tell you it only rained once all day long. Our yard was flooded! I had adopted Lu's little cough on Thursday but was still feeling good enough to make progress in the party preps.
Saturday morning despite the rain, tornado warnings, we headed out to get Stella a new passport( all in rubber boots. We managed to get this taken care of (yay for traveling to Germany in the summer!)We got home and I started feeling icky and went to bed.
Let's fast forward to today: I am still in bed. Thanks to hubby who is off and taking care of everything, I managed to finish this book which was a pretty good read,
took long naps, listened to the birdies outside of my window,
had some cute girlie moments with sweet pea ( managed to read some more chapters of Tilda to her in German) ,
did our toe nails,
played numerous rounds of guess who, taught Stella how to use the weaving frame, watched some old episodes of cake boss on my i phone.
In return she served me breakfast in bed,
and showered me with get well- drawings and this beautiful token which was extra sweet and made my heart sing.
One of the things on my to-do list 2012 was to get a medical check up since it has been at least 8 years, if not 10 since the last one. Well I guess after being knocked off my feet 2 times this year already, this is moving up on my priority list for sure . Wish I could write about happier things on this lovely Tuesday!!!Still enjoying my coffee ......love Verena











2 Kommentare:
Love those boots!! :)
Yes, I feel you. I've been sick for far too long now too. I hope you feel better soon!
Kommentar veröffentlichen