Mittwoch, 29. Februar 2012

Tour of my home- Bathroom edition



I am not a natural beauty, maybe to my mom but no! I am in serious need of some restauration before I am able to leave the house.

There might have been 2 or max 3 days out of the last 5 years or so where my eyes did not see any make up! I can do without makeup but not without eye makeup I feel naked. I know, I am weird. And this is the place where it all happens. Before we moved to the States and while still living in our cute little house with the cutest blue shutters ever (but def not the cutest bathroom ever), I was always daydreaming of a claw footed tub in a dreamy old house. The day we went house hunting with our realtor ( just a tiny bit over two years ago) I could not believe what I was seeing.

Not the acreage, not the front porch, not the pool, no, this little bathroom sold the house to me.

We had a love affair from minute one on.

It' s almost a little sacred to me.

The beautiful stained glass window, the unique sink, the untreated wooden barn door, the charming nobs, everything seems to have my name on it and Ricky knew it from the first minute, too.

I was in love with this room. It was the last room on our house tour 2 years ago and all the doubts I had about other features of the house, were washed away!

This is where it happens , where I hide when something's bothering me, where I have deep long conversations with myself, where I am sad and where I have my best ideas( Ha, and plan my garden for this year ;) ).

This card is sitting next to the sink ! I had gotten it over ten years ago in the whee early days of being a student , living in a tiny little apartment in the beautiful historic city of Marburg, trying to keep my head focused on the beauty of life while battling with chemical compounds, names and reagents) Up to today, it is keeping me focused! It just makes me happy

Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful day of your life
Mark Twain

This is probably the only room where I am content and able to say I would not wanna change a single thing. How rare is that cause I am always up for a project! This is just a peaceful and happy place to be just me!!!!

Off to soak in my tub!
Oh and thanks for all the sweet and kind comments on my last couple post, they meant a lot to me and I read them over and over again Starting into March with good spirits....

1 Kommentar:

Nikki @ Saving For A Rainy Day hat gesagt…

Hello Verena! I have been meaning to get back to you! You are so right-Germany has amazing chocolate. I actually took 2 years of German in high school and was supposed to go there but never made it. Someday........

I had a very festive weekend.Which meant a lot of treats.And today is snowy and cold so I won't be making it out for a walk. Why is this so hard?? Thank you for commenting. I'm now following your blog :)
~Nikki

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...