Dienstag, 28. Februar 2012

Coffee and more

Good Morning, here I am again finally feeling better( still coughing like a sailor) but the signs are pointing in the right direction.
I hope everybody had a good week.

I am sitting here, sipping on my coffee, eating birthday leftovers, thinking about this past last week.
I wanted to post about my favorite room of the house so bad, took all the pictures I needed, started writing and..... my Grandpaw died. Boom! hmmm.

I did not feel like posting about my happy little corner of the house anymore, then that same night, Ricky lost somebody that was dear to his heart and this morning we got news of another family friends passing! What is going on???? I wish I could be back home to comfort my Mama! All I can think of is how in the world can you give somebody a warm heartfelt hug through a computer???? Don't get me wrong I love all the possibilities the web is bringing to us but it cannot replace being with someone, never ever, over and out on that!!!!

I told Ricky: aren't we too young for this????? I lost 5 of my Facebook friends within the last year. Is that crazy or what???? Most of their accounts are still up and a constant reminder to live my life to the fullest and still enjoy the precious little moments that it presents !

Speaking of precious moments. There were quite a few this week. I had my girlie home for Mardi Gras week and it was wonderful! Despite the necessary haircut and dental appointment,we did some girlie fun stuff ( picnic lunches, shoe shopping , coffee date with my 5 year old plus a load of sprinkled covered doughnuts included)

her interpretation of our coffee/hot chocolate date

Mr Lu loved having Sissi home as well. They played so well , while I was prepping for his big bike party( the next post will be picture overload, stay tuned).Let me tell you we had a wonderful party!
Yesterday was our first day back to school and to ease the withdrawal of sisterly love, I took Mr Lu to the library. He loves to go there. He always picks some fun books( he is on a firefighter kick at the moment), that we all end up enjoying and LOVES to play on the little kids computers.

But yesterday he had to get something off of his little chest, too. We walked in to see Ms Ellen, the librarian, and he immediately confessed that he had colored in Mamas library book with blue crayon and that he was sorry and would never ever do it again, blinking his long eyelashes and showing off his blue eyes in the sweetest way! Sweet Ms Ellen, gave him 3 coloring sheets and told him to use those instead in the future!

For years I had tried to get him interested in coloring and all the crafty fun and he was just not up for it and now he is coloring all over. I cannot really be mad at him, he was just being creative. Of course we will try to use regular paper in the future ;) I was kinda hoping that they would make me pay for the book so I could keep it as a reminder of Lu's discovery of art....

Don't you love kids art?! It makes my heart sing...........
What makes you happy on this Tuesday, maybe that you know, that I am working on a fun post about a grand birthday party for my dear 3 year old or to know that there is another post already in line ...... Wow, I better get going friends
Love Verena

3 Kommentare:

Jade @ Tasting Grace hat gesagt…

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your family and friends' losses. That really is such sad news. And you're so right: communicating a hug virtually just really can't be done the same as in real life. One of the hardest things about living abroad is just not being there for some of the really important things going on in the lives of our loved ones. It really is hard sometimes. Anyway, I am sending a hug, however virtually, and I do hope the grief is short-lived and next week turns out more brightly. I'm glad you did get over that cold too!

Claire hat gesagt…

a true mix of joy and pain...
life is just hard sometimes, but precious moments, as you've shown in your gorgeous pics, are life's true treasures...
hope the memories of lost ones bring you comfort, rather than pain...
***a big virtual HUG over the ether***
thanks for coffee and sharing :)

Amy @ Lucky Number 13 hat gesagt…

oh, i am so sorry to hear of your loss. my husband lost his grandpa just yesterday...he was very close to him a and it is a hard time. and yes, they are reminders to live in the moment and be grateful for each day. and yes- i love kid's art work, makes me so happy, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...