Sonntag, 18. September 2011

Veggie Alarm!!!!

Everything looks just plain old delicious when you go to a market or even in a good supermarket( I prefer Whole Foods over any other one) these days. And since all those colors looked so irresistible, I decided to buy a big bunch, blanch them, and pop them in the freezer for times with less varieties offered aka winter times. Read about this a while back on another blog and thought: A great way to have yummy, healthy options all year round!!!
It took a while to cut and blanch everything but it was so worth it. I divided everything in handy portions, stuck them in freezer bags and now those bright colorful goodiebags shine on me every time I open the freezer.

Great with some shrimp or chicken , or in a Risotto, as a side dish, endless possibilities....

2 Kommentare:

The Mabiles hat gesagt…

Wow! They ARE beautiful! How much of their nutritional value do they lose over time in the freezer? I will have to try this out.

Verena hat gesagt…

It's not bad at all esp if you blanch them. That makes them keep a lot of their colours and vitamins.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...