Montag, 6. Dezember 2010

Diary of my Oslo Trip: Friday December 3rd 2010


Wow, I´m awake for 30 plus hours now. I´m exhausted, let me tell you, but very happy!

Everything went well. Caught my connecting flight in NY just in time( a little running was involved in that, but hey I made it).When we reached the coast of Norway the sun was rising and unfolded one of the most beautiful landscapes I have ever seen.I have never seen so much snow before.
Gorgeous but COLD (-18°Celsius) and coming from the mild weather of Louisiana did not really help.

First picture in the snow
I flew in two hours earlier than Katja, which gave me plenty of time check out the latest styles in Norway. I saw so many pretty girls with even prettier boots on; boots,boots everywhere...I wish I could bring a pair back to Louisiana, but they would just sit in my closet forever( Gotta spend my money a lil wiser)
Katja and I took the train downtown, found our hotel with no problem, warmed up with waffles and coffee before we strolled off to explore a bit of Oslo.



Reunited


Every ten minutes or so we had to go and visit a store to warm up and to let our hands and ears thaw out.

One was the bookstore where a-ha signed their autobiography the day before. Of course there was no signed copy left ;) But a good place for a silly fan-picture.

A nice dinner, chilling and chatting was the perfect end of a very long day. Now I´m more than ready for bed in my cozy hotel room.

Fire place and lobby

Bedroom and breakfast area

Don´t you love this wallpaper?????

Tomorrow will be such an exciting day!!!
BTW We are not the only crazy people flying in for the concert. I have seen plenty of a-ha groupies from all over the world.
Words learned in Norwegian: Ankomst=Arrival
God jul= Merry Christmas
Tusen Takk= Thank you very much
Hej Hej= Hello
Oslo is one of the most expensive cities in the world
1$= 6 Kronors
1€= 8Kronors

Keine Kommentare:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...