and there it is is again, that feeling, the urge to write, to share, to sit down and let my thoughts go wild. It is time to plunge back into the waters of blogging.
Yes, I have missed it and honestly I don't really know why I stopped a little while back. And after a while of being absent, it is kind of hard to get going again, cause you really don't know where to start. So many things have happened within those two little months.... which will be eventually blogged about at some point. But for now I want to stay right here in the now!!!
We are enjoying summer, to say the least.
Remember a while back when I blogged about our naughty puppy Rosie, who ate and destroyed our pool liner?!
Well, for a while we were not sure what to do with that, nasty water was sitting in a detached broken liner hosting a five star hotel for frogs, snakes and most of all mosquitos. Disgusting!After crunching the numbers for a while, we opted to fork out the big lump of $$$$ and get a new liner and the pool done.
Ahhhhh, much better!
I am so glad we did, now. We are all loving it. The kids are so much more confident in the water this year. Miss Stella turns out to be quite a swim talent and is swimming like a fish.
If we have a day without errands to run or other things to do we try to be out there at least twice a day(early mornings and late afternoons) to escape the Louisiana heat, which is finally getting us nasty and sticky in 2.5 seconds. It's fun to have friends over and host little swim parties.
![]() |
| Mr Lu is able to touch the ground with his very tippytoes, my growing boy! |
Finding all our swim gear scattered across the house and getting ready to go outside was becoming way too time consuming. So I came up with our Summer Pool bucket!
Big enough to hold all our beach towels, all the swimsuits we own, sunscreen, goggles,hats, cover-ups....and parked in my bathroom. I found the bucket at Target for 5.99$. I love it! The kids know where they find their stuff and we are ready to jump into the water in half the time.
The pool bucket and it's color inspired me to do some planning for the poolhouse makeover. I decided a Aqua and Red color palette would look pretty good in there. This might or might not happen this summer, but hey, the colors are chosen and that's a good way to start.
My Mini Bucket list for this week sounds something like this:
get an oil change for the van- plant my new black knight bush
get the summer pool bucket going- Stella is going to Cheercamp
- Library
- finish my book first
send tuition check( that's a hard one)- Paint the kids table
- do some sewing with Cathy
have a spit-the-cherry-pit-contest with the kiddos
phew, here you have it, my first post after forever and it was actually not as hard as I thought...but I do not like the changes blogger made, not at all. This will take some getting used to
Off to eat some popsicles with my babies.... because it is SUMMER!!!!








2 Kommentare:
yay, you!!!!
um, that sewing one? I love that one. you think it may actually happen? operation-clean-closets is going well here, so fingers crossed we get to visit and sew thursday night!!!
p.s. the pool house makeover sounds great!
xoxo
Na wenigstens ist bei euch Sommer. Wir müssen, wenn überhaupt, wohl noch etwas warten. Gott sei Dank hat der Regen heute Mittag aufgehört, so konnten wir noch ein paar Erdbeeren pflücken. Gibt es Neuigkeiten wegen eurer Flüge??? Freue mich doch schon soooo auf euch!
SUM
Kommentar veröffentlichen