Dienstag, 8. November 2011

A coffee and random thoughts

Good morning. I know it has been a while.
Just because today is Tuesday and just because both kids are in school I will go ahead now, make myself a nice cup of coffee and will chat with whoever wants to join me about whatever my brain spills out on this lovely morning. Hang on, coffee is almost ready. And tatataaaa here you have it!

AHHHHHHHHH
So good and so pretty in my polish pottery mug, which makes me think of Kimber, my dear friend, who took me along for the trip to Poland to buy this lovely stuff. Usually we would try to get together on Tuesdays to share some coffee,laughs, tears and fears of motherhood! I miss her dearly and send out a big cheers to her today!
I went shopping the other day, no kids in tow, just me to get a couple of desperately needed items for my wardrobe. It was quite a success and I was happy with what I got ,but I did not feel too good about spending money that I did not earn myself. Blah. There we go again. Yes I need to work some more on my application for the pharmacy board test BUT it is sooooo not fun plus I need to find an official translator for all my documents. So I put it on the backburner for just one more day or so( there is other important stuff to take care of ... Tried to make myself feel better by selling some high fashion items( not that I own many of these but there was atime in my life....) to the second hand store( really I will never fit in those beautiful Donna Karan silk pants size 6 ever again), but when I got there they were closed. So much for trying to find more spending money! Have to go back but that day I was just in the perfect mood to do some tough negotiation !
It is November and you wonder were I have been! Here and nowhere else. I got 7 or 8 post written in drafts with pics and everything but I just hate the editing part of blogging. So I thought instead, today, to get myself back on track with my little blog, I will just write, plain writing does the soul good , wright?! And this is what this baby is all about, ME! Not trying to be selfish, just trying to focus a bit, once again I don't want to pay a pro to deal with my flaws, moods and crazy ideas( Ha how would I feel about that waste of money?!)
Rember I had said I will write whatever crosses my mind today!
Christmas is creeping up on us and I am starting to get excited and anxious at the same time. I cannot wait to see my mama and papa after so long and to give them a big fat kiss! This is my time of the year, the time for lists and since I am a total list-psycho, I have 3 notebooks and 20 million list going at the moment. From shopping list to dinner plan, from Christmas card recievers to presents ideas, to where to shop and how to decorate. Sounds stressful but is totally me!
What are my peeps in Germany doing at this moment? Sabine is prop just coming back home from a playdate with her two boys. Katja might be still at work making the big bucks ;) Regine might be running errands and getting dinner for the boys ready ! Carsten is giving a presentation somewhere. Rainer is sitting in a Stau on his way home. Trey is loving on Maddie and wishing to be here today to comfort his family here in Louisiana on this sad day for them. I wish I could just hop in the car and pay each and every one of you a visit at this minute!
Did I mention I love my Cathy! We just had our one year anniversary of being in each others lives. Sounds goofy to some of you, not to me. She has an unbelievable role in me being at peace with living so far away from home, knowing that I have her close to me is keeping me sane in the craziness of motherhood some days. A shoulder I can cry on, an inspiration , fun and just a wonderful friend. We never have enough time to talk cause we always have millions of things to talk about. I can trust her 100%. She has entered my inner circle in no time and I wish for my close friends to get to know her one day . You would be truly happy for me that I found somebody so cool, so sweet and wonderful! If you want to get to know her at least a bit,go check out her blog! handmadecathygaubert.blogspot.com Ok, ok no jealousy issues here, people. We are just adding on to the crew, nobody will get kicked of the boat ;)
Oh I need to call my mom and let her know tchibo has some stuff on sale that I want for the kids.
What's for dinner tonight???? Gimme some ideas people!!!! It is Tuesday and I am falling behind with the menue planning of this week!
I guess my brain is shifting back to work mode. That means, the pause is over Back to picking up, laundry, emails, phonecalls..... I truly enjoyed my time here today. See you soon!

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hallo Ihr Lieben,

sind gut in "good old Germany" gelandet.

Wollten uns nochmals gaaaanz herzlich für alles bei euch bedanken. Vermissen die Kids, irgendwie ist es sehr still ohne sie....man gewöhnt sich schnell an das bunte Leben.
Wir freuen uns sehr wenn ihr wieder im Lande seid.
Verena:
Ich hoffe die Cookies Party war ein voller Erfolg- im Sinne, dass deine Cookies die leckersten waren ; )

Machts gut, dickes Bussi an unsere

Stella Maus und Lucien den frechen Räuber.

Anja und Oli : )

cathy gaubert hat gesagt…

ack!!!!
i just wrote a very long super-sappy note to you, but blogger ate it!
so, in much fewer sentences, this was the gist: i adore and love you, too!!! and i will be honored to meet your circle one day! so, so, so happy that you (all of you!) are in my (and all of our!) life (lives)!
xoxoxoxo
(i know it's a bit late, and that i already told you this, but i wanted it here, too!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...