
Puuh! we just got back from our last field trip with Bizzy Bunch to Sunny farms. But since I´m late as usual, today I will share our adventure field trip to the Baton Rouge Zoo a while back.
We were almost not going to this field trip due to a couple of complications( which now, looking back at all of our fieldtrips, we had a good share of over the past school year). The weather was not looking too promising and after being stuck in more than an hour of Baton Rouge morning traffic, my little passengers were almost ready to turn around and go back home. But we managed and the weather was cooporating with us.
We found Bizzy Bunch people all over the Zoo! Stella was determined to find the Cheetah and almost drove me nuts until we found it in the very end. I am certain she would have not left the zoo without seeing Mr Cheetah!
They had opened the new Tiger house since we have been to the zoo last and it was really cool to see them so close!

And I even got to take some of the wild creatures home with me ;)
Lucien really enjoyed the parrots and birds. After a while he got a bit upset with them for not listening to him, when he wanted them to hush.

We saw all sorts of animals, way too many to write about and since I was extremly busy keeping up with my own little monkeys( they were a wild breed, that day, oh I think I mentioned this before) there are not too many pictures of them either

Well, here you go, a couple of giraffes for you. Check!

Off they went

Where are we going now???

Let´s spy for ostriches. Double check!

And off again
Look we found the bear Check, check, check!
hmmm quite interessting! There was some serious observation going on
and so it went on and on.....
The grand finale was a ride on the zoo train which wraps around the entire zoo.
The crew was happy to sit but the observation skills were still going strong

Aunt Rhonda and Bella

Cathy and Cate all ready to take off
Cute little fingers trying to follow our path
We passed by a beautiful Louisiana-typical-swamp- It looked sooo peaceful.
Well, a bit too peaceful for Mr Lucien.

He fell asleep sitting up, riding on the train and did not wake up til we made it all the way home( which meant getting him off the train, carrying him a good ways to the car, while pulling Stella in the wagon, buckeling up and driving 45 minutes home). I was ready for a nap when we arrived home, but guess who just woke up ???? ;)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen