Montag, 14. März 2011

Baking mishap


I love blogging!( eventhough I don´t have enough time to keep up with it the way I would like to). One of the reasons is that I love reading other peoples blog and you can easily get lost in some of them due to awesome writers , interesting topics or plain funny stories. Before you know it, it´s time to get something else done and not one single word is written on my own blog-baby.
One of the blogs I follow daily, if I get the chance, is:
thepioneerwoman.com.Written by a girl that found the love of her life in a cowboy from Oklahoma, changed all her future plans and turned from a city girl into a ranch wife and mom of 4, somewhere in the middle of nowhere. She is such a funny, interesting and inspiring writer, you should go to her blog NOW and check it out. IT IS FUN. Why do I write about her???? Well, another thing that I enjoy doing is cooking and baking and so does she.

She wrote an awesome cookbook that I use to get some ideas quite frequent.
My latest recipe I tried was a prune cake. Sounds weird? But let me tell you, it is soooo yummy.

Everything worked well and according to the recipe.
When it came to the icing I must have gotten lazy to read the details, cause this is what happened:
I waited patiently for the caramel to turn to caramel color.What can I say it was too long. As I poured it onto the cake, I realized imediately that it did not soak into the cake, instead there was this big brick caramel layer on top of my lovely cake.

See those instruction!!!!!! AWWWWW

Good thing was, the so called brick came off my cake in one giant piece and we still got to enjoy this baby with a nice cup of coffee.
Let me know if you want the recipe. I would be happy to share it with you!

Keine Kommentare:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...