Freitag, 13. November 2009

Germs ;)

Ok, today is a very special day. Not only, cause I get to blog 2 nights in a row, no, finally, we are all feeling much better after a very long exhausting month of health problems in our family. As you all know, Stella ran 105 fever for a long time, up to the point where we had to take her to the hospital to get treated. It was one of those experiences that you don´t need more than once ( I´m sure stuff like this will happen again). Worrying about my little girl, finding babysitters for Lucien( feeling bad for leaving him the main part of the day), taking turns with Ricky at the hospital, the lack of sleep and a pile of other things waiting in line to do, made this actually one of our biggest challenges as a family so far.
I´m still amazed about what you are able to handle if you really need to.
On top of Stellas 1st infection, she caught 2 more while staying at the hospital. One was the famous Noro virus, which unfortunately got passed on to Ricky and then to me. Words can not describe how much we worried about Lucien getting it,knowing how rough it was on us. We were almost excited once we figured out that he had only come down with `just`a pretty bad cold and major teething problems.
This little man is 9 months old, today and still, there is no single tooth cut. Nevertheless he is chewing down whatever I feed him: Bread( the german kind), noodles, rice, bananas....and he loves it.While still at the hospital with Stella , we decided on Ricky taking the nightshifts there cause Lucien was still nursing at night and early mornings. Well, this is history aswell. Once I came down with the virus, we had to go cold turkey from nursing and had to whean him within 24 hours( Poor baby). I felt so bad about it, but there was no other way we could have done it.Thank god, I had given him his first bottle ever a couple days before, just to try it for an emergency at the hospital. Who would have known.....
We are still recovering from a crazy last month but we are felling better each day. We simply have to be better now, otherwise there is no way we can keep up with our tight schedule until the move( the movers are loading our stuff in only 30 days, AHHHHHHHH!!!!!)
That was definately enough sickness to talk about. Stay tuned for stories about the craziness of an international move, they will be on their way shortly.

3 Kommentare:

Christy hat gesagt…

I'm so glad everyone is healthy again. We were all worried about ya'll, especially Stella. Good luck with everything. We are very excited and can't wait to see ya'll!

Anonym hat gesagt…

Freut mich zu hören,dass es euch allen besser geht und es Lucien nicht erwischt hat.
Liebe Grüße
dani

Eric hat gesagt…

It is amazing Lucien didn't get sick. I hate it when a baby who can't talk yet gets ill.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...